Sunday Roast: your servings for this week
It’s time for a round-up of the posts this week, and a sneak peak of what’s coming up next week. So sit back, turn on some Patrick Doyle, and dig in:
- On Thursday I made my virgin post: part one of my Leafin’ Through extolling the virtues of Charles Dickens’s Bleak House as a great autumn read;
- I also had a snark about a childish review of The Casual Vacancy;
- On Friday I presented my literary wishlist (portmanteau’d as Litlist), should you be overtaken with early autumn generosity;
- And today, I debuted the LitApp review feature by reviewing the Quick Fictions app, which, like me, is Brighton-based and pretty great.
Coming up this week on:
- Monday and Wednesday: parts II and III of Leafin’ Through (it’s like the days Blue Peter used to be on TV, if you are of a certain age) – expect American Gothic and theatre;
- Tuesday: my critique of the circumstances surrounding the publication of The Dark Heroine by Abigail Gibbs;
- Thursday: a special entry to tie in with National Poetry Day!
- Friday: another Litlist to consider, either for me (hello!), or for the book geek in your life.
Also look out for a commentary on my HOT BOOK DATE ™ with Judith Summers’s Casanova’s Women, and another LitApp at the weekend.
Have a great Sunday evening, gentlefolk! I’m off to create a real roast and catch up on Doctor Who before the spoilers overwhelm my every medium.